MSM: who will break the barrier?

24 Hours, which may or may not count, is the first sort of member of the MSM to publish a story based on the Basi memos revealed by blogger Alex Tsakumis.

This entry was posted in BC Liberals, BC Politics, BC Rail. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to MSM: who will break the barrier?

1. Brenton says:

If I was a MSM journo, I would be hesitant to touch anything that originated with Tsakumis after that bullshit Vision Vancouver media hitlist bust.

2. George says:

Kudos to 24 hours for dipping their toe into the pond… MSM should be ashamed for taking so long to address the BC Rail issue. Bloggers have been the only ones willing to keep the Liberals foot to the fire. And there are many, but everyone has their own agenda… we need a team.

I give great credit to all that have spent so much time keeping light on this situation, risking the slings and arrows of those that want this to go away.

I personally believe that the issue gets redirected with the infighting of all that are trying to keep the information flowing. Perhaps that is my wish for this Holiday Season, my hope is that we all work together getting the facts out, focus on the collaborative solution… egos aside. This is the only way we will learn the truth about the BC Rail corruption. We are so close to exposing the corruption in the system, and all hands are needed on deck.

Kudos to Alex G Tsakumis for being willing to take a stand, for all of us. My belief is don’t shoot the messenger, listen to the message.

Thanks George

3. Rod Smelser says:

Yeah, it’s a problem, Alex being an eccentric character and all. At some point, the materials themselves are the real issue, not their conduit.

4. George says:

We can only hope and keep spreading the word… there are still more memos to be exposed… perhaps Santa Alex is keeping the best memos as our Christmas present :-), or as Christy’s lump of coal…

5. Brenton says:

Except that last time he produced secret leaked material, it turned out to be either fake or completely unverifiable.

Don’t get me wrong, I really hope this story gets more attention and Clark is forced to answer the questions that are raised.

6. George says:

Sorry couldn’t help myself, must be caught up in the Holiday theme

7. George says:

Brenton,
    was it… or did we focus on the messenger

8. From George ” the issue gets redirected with the infighting of all that are trying to keep the information flowing ”
    Thanks George for saying what I’ve been feeling & seeing to often by some great bloggers. I too wish it would end before the MSM starts writing about it. There is real NEWS coming from the bloggers in BC and just like the MSM, readers can separate the wheat from the chaff.

Guy in Victoria

9. George says:

Merry Christmas to you Guy in Victoria..

10. Derek in Toronto says:

“The larger problem is that so far nothing has affected C. Clark’s popularity ratings.”
    How do we know? The polls people are talking about were mostly conducted a couple of weeks ago and would not reflect anything that was in the news over the past few days.

11. John'sAghast says:

Right On!! This thing is WAY too big to let it get sidelined by petty infighting. As a recent arrival (to Bogland) I’ve already recognized a little testiness among the cadre – can’t you save it for later? As evidenced by the progress we have made over the past 7 years, this will be a hard nut to crack – the deck is obviously stacked against a Public Inquiry. Sooo, lets pull together, at least until Alex has all his cards on the table.
    Amen.

12. BC Mary says:

Hi Ian, Merry Christmas.

I’d just like to second what “George” said: … that is my wish for this Holiday Season, my hope is that we all work together getting the facts out, focus on the collaborative solution… egos aside. This is the only way we will learn the truth about the BC Rail corruption. We are so close to exposing the corruption in the system, and all hands are needed on deck.”

A very Happy New Year to all.

13. BC Mary says:

There’s a poll going on in The Province for best 10 news stories of 2010. Amazing, the choices they offer. I searched and found, near the bottom of the list, the BC Rail Political Corruption Trial, disguised as “Basi and Virk found guilty” or some such thing.

14. TO BRENTON WALTERS:

You have made false statements about the Media Hit List story I broke and I caution you that your comments border on defamatory.

1) The Watergate scandal began with an anonymous source that spent huge swaths of time absent from Bernstein and Woodward’s bailiwick. Mark Felt was not even revealed until recent years. Does that make his information less credible.

2) TWO different sources confirmed the Vision Vancouver Media Hit List. One is suffering from severe stress disorder thanks to the insane people you lie in support of and the other is recovering from stage 4 cancer.

3) It is not the first time you have made false statements about me. I have recorded those as well.

My strongest recommendation is that you set aside your plump political piffle and concentrate on helping your saviour Gregor from destroying the rest of the city.

But rest assured I will not tolerate any more of your lies.

The Vision Vancouver Media Hit List story is far from over. But I suppose to you and your extremists I should be dragging along one person now on relaxants thank to the intimidation at the hands of your heroes and another with an IV stuck in that person’s arm.

Brenton, I always thought you a fool, but thx for confirming it.